Our 2018 destinations
University – 60%
Higher Apprenticeships – 7%
Apprenticeships – 7%
Further Education – 7%
Employment – 12%
Voluntary Work – 7%
Our 2017 destinations
University – 61%
Apprenticeships – 19%
Further Education – 5%
Employment – 15%
Destinations of our 2017 graduation year – Click here
Destinations of our 2017 graduation year – Apprenticeship Map – Click here
Destinations map of our 2017 graduation year – University Map – Click here
Our 2016 destinations
University – 69%
Apprenticeships – 9%
Further Education – 13%
Employment – 9%
At The Park Academies Trust Sixth Form every student accesses a personalised destinations programme allowing them the best opportunity to successfully achieve the Post 18 Destination of their choice.
Our year 12 PSHE programme informs students of the varied Post 18 Destinations available. A variety of seminars delivered by the sixth form pastoral team, outside speakers, industries, trips and sixth form alumni provide outstanding impartial advice regarding all Post 18 Destinations. All students have the opportunity to follow a personalised PSHE programme to support them in their chosen Post 18 Destination application.
Destinations Week provides our students with personalised support in completing their Post 18 Destination application, the programmes on offer are tailored for each destination type. University and Degree Apprenticeship applicants receive expert advice, support and guidance from the sixth form pastoral team and attend seminars delivered by our university partners, PiXL6 and sixth form alumni. Students applying to Higher Apprenticeships, apprenticeships or employment receive expert advice on how to search for relevant opportunities, create an outstanding Personal Profile and C.V. and prepare for interviews. Formal interviews are conducted by HR teams such as Nationwide, Great Western Hospital and our apprenticeship partners. In 2019 we will host our first Destinations Convention enabling our students to meet with universities, apprenticeship providers and local employers to discuss how to successfully progress onto the Post 18 Destination of their choice.
Our year 13 PSHE programme prepares our students for their futures through personalised support for their Post 18 Destination. Our series of Education for Life lessons include: Budgeting & Finance, Tax & Welfare, Local & National Politics, Health Away From Home, Independent Living, Taking a Gap Year and Becoming a Former Student.
All year 13 students are assigned a Post 18 Destination mentor who they attend regular one to one meetings with to ensure a successful transition on to their chosen Post 18 Destination pathway.
- Y9 Futures Assembly (Presentation outlining sixth form programmes of study and progression onto Post 18 Destinations)
- Y10 Futures Week (Sixth form seminars outlining all prospective post 18 destinations accessible after A level study)
- Y11 Sixth Form Induction (Partnership University Visit).
- UNet Programme
- Headstart Programme
- High Performance Academy (HPA)
- Guest Speakers (University partners, Study Higher Programme, PiXL6, Vets4Pets, Nationwide, Excalibur, Education Business Partnership, Great Western Hospital, NCS, Alumni)
- Apprenticeship Open Evening (Nationwide)
- Destinations Expo (Careers & Enterprise Company & Education Business Partnership)
- Work Experience
- UCAS Convention
- EPQ University Research Trips (University of Southampton)
- PiXL6 (Peter Rawling) – Getting into the Top Universities / Prospective Medics, Dentists, Biomedical Scientists & Veterinarians / The Personal Statement – Student Conference (years 9, 10 and 12)
- Destinations Week (An intensive, one week personalised programme during which year 12 students are supported in completing their Post 18 application for their chosen destination)
- Mentoring Programme (Personalised support for chosen Post 18 Destination)
- Parents University Information Evening including Student Finance England
- Destinations PSHE Programme
- Partnership University Visits
University Open Days are extremely valuable in gaining all of the relevant information and the LPA Sixth Form actively encourages students to attend these events.